New Manatee (Sea Cow) Design August 17, 2016 11:40
Pint Glass $18
Shot Glass $12
Wine Glass $25
Champagne Flute $25
Handled Mug $25
Travel Mug $25
New Moon and Stars Design July 20, 2016 12:01
Pint Glass $18
Shot Glass $12
Wine Glass $25
Champagne Flute $25
Handled Mug $25
Travel Mug $25
Order Now for Father's Day! May 27, 2016 13:34
Order online by June 6th with Standard Shipping to the USA, or June 13th with Priority Shipping. Shop locally from one of these fine retailers in your area.
Please Note: We badgers are going on vacation in June, and our showroom will not be open regular hours the week before Father's Day. Please email or call to make an appointment during this time, as we will have someone working in our warehouse, but he'll need to know if you're stopping in.
New Champagne Toasting Flutes April 04, 2016 11:42
New champagne toasting flutes for weddings and celebrations! Featuring exclusive, romantic designs for fun folks who want a memorable event.
These new stemware items are larger than our previous style, at 8 3/4" tall, and holding approximately 6oz of bubbly. We can also customize these with a name or date for an additional fee.
Epic Seconds + Clearance Sale!! April 04, 2016 11:31
We've been collecting all our slightly imperfect cups over the years, and they're finally available for purchase! We've added them to our clearance section, which has been further reduced.
LOCALS: Pick up your online order from our studio to save more! Use coupon code "PICKUP" to remove shipping charges, and then retrieve your order weekdays 9-3:30 (or possibly later by appointment) from 12003 NE Ainsworth Circle, Suite 109, Portland, OR. You can also browse our sale items in person!
Keep in mind that these will sell very fast and may not be available by the time we return your message!
Custom Project Gallery March 16, 2016 14:33
Did you know that we've created hundreds of custom projects over the years? We finally created an online gallery of some of our custom work, featuring our original art, and examples of client logos we've recreated.
New Bookworm Design is Here! February 03, 2016 14:08
Our latest Bookworm design is now available! I first carved this design into scratchboard, then digitized a scan and cleaned it up.
Want a few book nerds to help you study or relax in the afternoons? Get them here:
Pint Glasses: $18
Lowball Glasses: $18
Handled Mugs: $25
Travel Mugs: $25
Shot Glasses: $12
Wine Glasses: $25
Seattle Gift Show - January 2016 December 29, 2015 12:12
Oregon Wine Press Feature December 02, 2015 09:36
Shop in Person for Gifts November 25, 2015 10:18
Want to save on shipping, and do your holiday shopping from us in person?
Here are the events we'll be vending at in Portland, OR:
Open Studio/Little Boxes PDX
November 27th & 28th, 10-6
12003 NE Ainsworth Cir #109, Portland, 971.270.0694
Bee Thinking Holiday Bazaar (especially for beekeepers and mead enthusiasts)
November 28 + 29, 2015 from 1-3,
1551 SE Poplar Ave, Portland, 877-325-2221
Laurelhurst Winter Bazaar
Sunday, December 6, 2015 from 9am to 4pm
Laurelhurst School, 840 NE 41st Ave, Portland, OR 97232
Crafty Wonderland's Super Colossal Holiday Sale!!!
Saturday, Dec 12th + Sunday, Dec 13th, 2015 from 11am - 6pm
The Oregon Convention Center - Exhibit Hall D
777 NE MLK Jr. Blvd., Portland, OR
Here are all the shops across the country that carry our work:
Not all shops carry all our work, so we recommend contacting shops before visiting if there's something specific you're looking for.
- Roots Homegrown/Ebb and Flow Massage/North Wind – 434 Arlberg Ave, PO Box 185, Girdwood, 907.444.9265
The Anchor – 1 E. Center St #150 Fayetteville, 479.249.8796
- The Closet Shopper – 504 Front St Suite B, Santa Cruz, 831.427.0400
- The G2 Gallery – 1503 Abbot Kinney Blvd. Venice, 310.452.2842
- Modern Mouse – 2228-A South Shore Center, Alameda
- Odd Salon – (logo mugs for events in San Francisco)
- The Gypsy Wagon – 506 Elk Avenue, Crested Butte, 970.349.7261
Planet Tails – 2355 Vanderbilt Beach Road #124, Naples, 239.293.3513
- Cyd's Gourmet Kitchen – 5901 N Prospect Rd Ste 5A, Peoria, 309.685.1100
- Agrarian Urban Homestead – 661 E. 49th St. Indianapolis, 317.493.1166
- Made – 737 Massachusetts St, Lawrence
Studio Slant – 412 E 2nd St, Owensboro
- Magpie – 416 Highland Ave. Davis Sq. Somerville
- Bell Museum of Natural History Museum Store – 10 Church Street, Minneapolis, 612.626.1897
Intentional Living – 610 Main St., Bradley Beach, 732.807.4253
Amuse: Modern Cottage Industry – 118 W Green Street #3, Ithaca, 607.216.8146
- The Painted House – 1478 Hertel Avenue, Buffalo, 716.425.1575
- Unglued – 408 Broadway, Fargo, 701.205.1597
Wholly Craft – 3515 N. High Street, Columbus, 614.447.3445
- Antler Gallery – 2728 NE Alberta St, Portland
- Bee Thinking – 1551 SE Poplar Ave, Portland, 877-325-2221
- Blue Door Salon & Boutique – 420 SW 6th street Grants Pass, 541.955.5956
- Bread and Badger Studio – 12003 NE Ainsworth Cir. Suite 109, Portland, 971.270.0694
Crafty Wonderland – 802 SW 10th Ave., Portland, 503.224.9097
- The Herb Shoppe – 3327 SE Hawthorne Blvd Portland
- The Herb Shoppe Pharmacy – 3912 N. Mississippi Portland
- Jola Cafe – 5915 SW Corbett Ave Portland, 503.351.7302
- Land Gallery/Buy Olympia – 3925 North Mississippi Ave, Portland
- Presents of Mind – 3633 SE Hawthorne Portland, 503.230.7740
- Republic of Jam (logo cups) – 211 W Main St, Carlton, 503.395.JAM1
- Tea Chai Te – (coming soon!) 7983 SE 13th Ave, Portland (Sellwood) 503.432.8747
- Tender Loving Empire – 3541 SE Hawthorne Blvd, Portland
- Upper Playground – 23 NW 5th (& Couch), Portland. 503.548.4835
- White Rabbit Gifts – 705 John Adams St. Oregon City, 503.314.1419
- ZimZim – 144 NE 28th Ave, Portland, 503.235.0518
- Out There Outfitters – 123 N. Wayne Avenue, Wayne, 610.688.6383
- Blue Elephant Boutique – 7801 N Lamar Ste E-202 Austin, 512.371.3259
- The Gypsy Wagon – 2928 N. Henderson Avenue, Dallas, 214.370.8010
The Gypsy Wagon – 1204 S. Congress, Austin, 512.887.8010
- PJ's Coffee of New Orleans – 2155 Durham Dr, Suite 101, Houston, 281.382.5146
- Roli Q's – 201 Laurence Drive, Suite 102, Heath, 469.243.8791
- Schmidt's – (coming soon!) 18 N Washington, La Grange 979.968.5149
- The T Shop – 1911 Abrams Pkwy Suite 102, Dallas, 214.821.8314
- City People's Garden Store – 2939 E. Madison St., Seattle, 206.324.0737
- Click! Design That Fits – 4540 California Ave SW, Seattle
- Constellation & Co. – 1900 W. Nickerson St. Ste. 101, Seattle
- The Handmade Showroom (pop-up) – Pacific Place, Third Floor Ste 301, Seattle, select weekends only
Loft 63 – 1205 E Pike Street, Suite 1A, 520.271.5903
- Makers' Mercantile – 18437 E Valley Hwy, Kent, 425.251.1239
- Metropolitan Market – Various Locations in the Seattle metro area, including 100 Mercer St, Seattle, 206.213.0778
- Monster Art & Clothing – 5000 20th Ave NW, Seattle, 206-789-0037
- Museum of Flight Store – 9404 East Marginal Way S. Seattle
- Pacific Northwest Shop – 2702 North Proctor St., Tacoma, 253.752.2242
- Portage Bay Goods – 621 N 35th St., Seattle, 206.547.5221
Rainy Day Yarns – 3200 Tarabochia St, Gig Harbor, 253.514.6890
Anthology – 218 State St., Madison
- Broadway Paper – 191 North Broadway, Milwaukee 414.277.7699
- Hazel General Store – 1250 Williamson St, Madison 608.395.1159
- Purr Tosa – 2469 N 86th St, Wauwatosa, 414.688.4274
Other Online Shops
Portland Little Boxes Event and Quote in the Portland Tribune November 25, 2015 09:54
We're participating in Portland's Little Boxes event this year, to encourage people to shop from small businesses on Black Friday and Small Business Saturday instead of big box stores. You can visit any participating Little Boxes shop to pick up a passport (or use their app for iphone and Android), which will allow you to get 10% off your purchase at the next participating shop you visit, PLUS enter you into their raffle for HUGE prizes (like a trip to Hawaii, gift certificates, and a CSA share!).
Since our studio is located pretty far away from all the popular shopping districts in the city, we were interviewed by the Portland Tribune to find out more about why we chose our location, and what we hoped to experience during Little Boxes:
Christmas Ordering Deadlines 2015 November 05, 2015 15:02
Christmas Shopping Deadlines
U.S.A. Priority Shipping: 12/20
Black Friday Deals and More! November 05, 2015 14:15
November always seems to sneak up on me, no matter how well-prepared I seem to be before Halloween. It's like the weather shifted the day the calendar page turned, too. If you're already scouting out holiday sale deals, then you'll be happy to hear that this is one thing we're on top of!
Deals Right Now
Want to get a head-start on your shopping? Right now, you can get free shipping on your order of $75 or more (U.S. shipping addresses only, please). We also have some insanely good deals (select items are 80% off or more!) in our sale section, while supplies last.
Little Boxes Black Friday/Small Business Saturday
We're participating for the first time in Portland's own Little Boxes event for Black Friday and Small Business Saturday! Our studio will be open to the public both days from 10am-6pm, and we'll be offering special discounts and a raffle to people who stop in. There will even be an extra coupon in the Little Boxes passport book!
Black Friday/Cyber Monday Online Sale
We're putting our entire shop on sale for the 4 days after Thanksgiving! All retail items will be automatically marked down 10% from Nov 27th-30th.
Replacement Lids Are Here in 4 Colors October 20, 2015 12:29
New Design: Book Dragons October 20, 2015 11:35
Our latest Book Dragon design is now available! I first created this design as a hand-carved rubber stamp, then digitized the print and added some adorable, nerdy glasses.
Want to invite a few bookish dragons to your next book club? Get them here:
Pint Glasses: $18
Lowball Glasses: $18
Handled Mugs: $25
Travel Mugs: $25
Shot Glasses: $12
Wine Glasses: $25
Product of the Week: Wooden Magnets September 21, 2015 12:21
Product of the Week: Hedgehogs are Here! September 07, 2015 11:21 2 Comments
Customer Story Featured on Stitch Shopped Blog September 03, 2015 09:43
Stitch Labs is the online inventory management tool that we use to track our stock between all our sales channels and our warehouse. They're fantastic, and I'm frequently in contact with their customer support folks, suggesting new features and bug fixes. Apparently, one of the support reps browsed our website while helping me through something, and fell in love with our products. In this post, she shares how she bought some pug glasses for herself, and gifts for family members too. It doesn't get much sweeter than that!
Read the full story on Stitch Shopped and check out their great photo of our pug glass!
Product of the Week: Special Brown Robot Travel Mugs September 03, 2015 09:32
This week's Product of the Week is this brown travel mug with a special small robot design at 50% off while supplies last!
We normally use a larger robot stencil for these to-go cups, but a few small ones were made by mistake. Get yours for half price now!
Product of the Week: Meat Pint Glasses August 17, 2015 14:53
This week's Product of the Week is the MEAT Pint Glass at 50% off or more!
Grilling days are almost at an end this summer, so throw your T-bone steaks or sizzlin' pork chops on the barbie, pour a cold beer, and enjoy the weather while it lasts.
WE'RE HIRING! August 12, 2015 13:46
Want to work full-time in our busy warehouse, doing production and shipping?
Read the full job description with instructions for applying here: http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/lab/5167732876.html
Product of the Week: Bon Appetit Glasses August 03, 2015 14:46
This week's Product of the Week is the entire collection of Bon Appetit glassware. All style are 50% off or more this week!
This design was created to celebrate the joy of eating, specially for an art exhibition with the theme "Spoon".
Pint Glasses: $7.50 - $9 each (regularly $18)
Lowball Glasses: $7.50 - $9 each (regularly $18)
Wine Glasses: $7.50 - $11 each (regularly $22)
Product of the Week: Zombie Mugs 50% off! July 27, 2015 10:13
Etsy Blog: 10 Years of Etsy Trends June 24, 2015 13:53
Father's Day Gift Ideas June 01, 2015 13:27
Hard to shop for Dad? We're here to help!
Dad's fix stuff. Sometime it's even better than before!
Lumberjacks are cool.
Coffee is an essential element to human life. So are donuts.
Show your eternal love for your Dad (or his love of donuts) with a Tattoo Heart coffee mug.
Beer makes everything better.
Beer goes best with meat.
Get ready for grillin' with these beefy pint glasses. Gift a set of steak glassware with a new metal spatula, a six-pack of brews, or a spice rub.
Lowballs are Back! June 01, 2015 11:47
Mother's Day Super Gift Ideas April 29, 2015 14:57
Mother's Day is right around the corner, and we've got you totally covered in the gift department!
We've got a Mother's Day Gift Guide full of our cutest animals, more feminine themes, and glassware for wine, so shopping will be fast and easy. (Please note that custom items are made-to-order within about a week, so order immediately!)
We're even having a huge clearance sale, where you can get fantastic deals on discontinued drinkware styles.
Want to make your perfect gift even more memorable for the moms in your life? Here are some hot tips to upgrade your gift, from a mom who knows:
- Hot Mama. Pair a stoneware mug with her favorite hot beverage. Buy cold press coffee if she's modern, or whole beans, ground coffee, or K-cups, depending on her preference. You can sign her up for a tea subscription service like Plum Deluxe. For a treat, get these perfect hot chocolate sticks and homemade marshmallows from Rose City Sweets.
- Mom-on-the-go. Choose an insulated travel mug or this extra large handled version, and hide a few gift cards to her favorite coffee drive-thru inside it.
- Satisfy her sweet tooth. Pinkleton's is the best caramel corn in the world. Buy her a Bread and Badger gift card, and include a bag of this treat, and she will love you forever. My fave is Orange Cardamom Scotch. If you want to skip the popcorn and dive straight into the caramel, One Fork Farm has the best and freshest caramels. Their newest flavor is Velvet Chocolate, featuring Woodblock Chocolate (you may need to email them and ask specifically for it, since it's so new, or buy it at the Portland Saturday Market!).
- Let her show her true colors. Get her a pair of champagne flutes, and something from the extensive collection of mineral makeup from Shiro Cosmetics, then give her an excuse to dress up. Shiro gets bonus points for their geeky themes and Benedict Cumberbatch line.
- Wine + Dine, or Drink + Draw. Our wine glasses are meant for everyday use, and we have sizes and styles for every preference. Sturdy stemmed wine glasses, stemless "rocks" glasses, and small juice glasses for a measured pour. Get a pair of her favorite style, and treat her to her favorite meal. If she's artistic (or wishes she were), get her a fun coloring book for grown-ups. Coloring is soothing for the soul.
- Booze can't lose. Make her a cocktail kit with all the ingredients for a fun drink. You can make something up (or steal a recipe from my Pinterest board) and name it after her! Want something simpler? Get her some fancy bitters from The Bitter Housewife, and let her play experiment on her own.
Just so ya'll know, we're not associated in any way, shape, or form, with any of the other businesses listed here. We just like them, and think you will too. A few of them are friends of ours, and are very nice people.
New Spring Designs Are Here - Outdoorsy, Romantic, & Crafty! April 21, 2015 15:10
New Designs for Spring are Here!
- Handyman Collection
- Lock & Key Collection
- Rain Cloud
- Tattoo Heart Collection
- Tree Stump Heart
Buzzfeed Feature March 18, 2015 14:19
The price is incorrectly listed on Buzzfeed at the sale price from our Spring Cleaning event, but you may be able to get your own at a discount during a future sale. Join our mailing list to be notified!
Spring Cleaning Sale Ends Today! March 15, 2015 10:58
We're having a huge Spring Cleaning Sale now thru 3/15! Now's the time to get amazing deals on gifts for Mom & Dad's days, birthdays, weddings, and more, at 20-30% off!
Customer Story: Odd Salon February 24, 2015 11:20
Expert talks on odd topics; odd talks on everything else.
Odd Salon is an evening series of cocktail hour lectures based in San Francisco, featuring short talks illuminating extraordinary and unusual chapters from history, science, art, and adventure.
We invite experts and amateurs alike to have a drink with us and share inspiring and strange tales so we can all learn something new.
Twice monthly at DNA Lounge, once a month at the California Historical Society June-Nov, 2014. Occasionally elsewhere.
Want your own logo mugs? Contact us now!
Seattle Times Features February 10, 2015 09:01
This may be old news, but we've been featured in The Seattle Times, twice!
Curvy or Classic: Cocktail Glass Opinion Poll February 09, 2015 15:40
Our age-old debate at Badger HQ: Curvy or Classic?
Pros: fits nicely in your hand, looks like a stemless wine glass, sort of non-traditional
Cons: It's hard to put stencils on curved glass, so there are more imperfections in the etching, some designs don't work at all, or need to be sized down quite a bit, some giant ice cubes are too big to fit inside
Pros: All designs look fantastic on this glass, giant ice cubes fit easily
Cons: This classic design might not feel as modern or exciting as a rounded glass, it may not be as appealing for wine drinkers
We've been offering both cocktail glass shapes for a long time, but continually wonder if we should discontinue one of them so we can keep our inventory streamlined. Both glasses hold 10oz, and are $18 apiece. What do YOU think?
Last Minute Love - Shop for Valentine's Day Now! February 09, 2015 12:12
Globe and Mail Feature for Valentine's Day February 05, 2015 11:00
My Year of Making Challenge January 20, 2015 16:22
I like to make things. That's probably pretty obvious, given my chosen career, but I don't feel like I have a lot of time for hobbies and experimenting with creation for fun. I often don't even feel like I have time for the design work to make my own products! Whether you share that feeling, or you just like to be inspired by what other people are doing, I think you may be interested in the challenge I've taken up for 2015.
It's called Year of Making, and it's a pretty open-ended challenge to make something new every day. One way to interpret this would be to create an entire project every day, but that's a bit much for me, so I'm giving myself a pass by accepting contributions to larger projects (like knitting a few rows of a hat, or coloring in a drawing from the day before), and including cooking and work projects in the mix.
If you want to follow my creative adventures, I'll be posting daily on Instagram with #yearofmaking.
If you want to know more about what #yearofmaking is all about, I recommend checking out Kim Piper Werker's ebook about it, and her podcast interviewing the woman who started it all, Miriam Felton. I'd love to see what you're making, too!
One of the first things I made was this hat, using a free pattern called Rikke. It's slouchy, and easy.
Recently, I made beef stew, using a cross rib roast from a cow share that I got from a local farm. I also tried a new corn muffin recipe (both from Best Recipes, by go-to cook book). Both were incredible.
The cocktail is one that I made up on the spot, called Ballyhoo, after this silly cup Sean made me with leftover stencils from a custom project that proved to be a lot more challenging than I'd anticipated. I've gotten tired of the old standby, gin & tonic, and have been really favoring bourbon lately. Here's the recipe:
1oz (or less if you like) Rose's lime
Bitters (I like 4 dashes or so)
I've been working on tons of sketches for new designs to put onto glassware and mugs this year. I know I should be planning ahead many months in advance, but so far, that doesn't seem to work out for me. I'm working on a line of silly, romantic, cute things, suitable for offbeat weddings. We're going to be SO READY for Valentine's Day, 2016.
My main reason for doing #yearofmaking is to get back into the habit of sketching, and trying new things. Often, drawing is a means to an end: getting my idea onto a product to sell. I'm completely missing all the unpredictable things that come up when you try new mediums, and get out of your comfort zone. I used my kid's fat, chewed up, half dried out markers and had FUN.
I also love to cook and make cocktails, and I'd love a place to share my recipes and experiences. I read Austin Kleon's book, Show Your Work, and it really moved me. I like to share my process, and I like to talk to people about it, even when it's scary because it's not finished, and I don't really love it yet. I want to hear what you think. I want to see what you make. And I want to be more creative. Want to join me?
- Page 1 of 4