Bread and Badger is hiring!
Think you'd be a great addition to our team of fearless badgers? Sean and Amanda are silly, sarcastic, and upbeat. We've built our bootstrap business from the ground up, starting in Boston, MA in 2006. We're ready to hire someone for a steady position that we can train on all of our production and shipping tasks. We will rely on you to be our company's backbone! This is a great opportunity to have a satisfying job, making high quality, unique gifts that will be treasured forever by our fantastic customers. Plus, we're pretty fun to be around.
Here's what we're looking for:
- Reliable worker with a positive attitude in Portland, Oregon
- A fast-learner who can follow directions carefully and has an attention to detail
- Skills/Experience that are a plus:
- Shipping, receiving, and production
- Spreadsheets (OpenOffice) and computer POS/inventory systems (we use Stitch Labs)
- Making screen printing screens, or similar
- Sandblasting, working with air compressors
- Good at working alone or closely with a very small team on somewhat monotonous and repetitive tasks
- Can lift 36lb or more repeatedly throughout the day, and stand up for 8hrs
What we're offering:
- A satisfying, fun work environment at a fast-paced, fast-growing family business
- Trial period opening immediately, working up to 24-32 hrs/wk
- Daytime work hours
- Possible overtime during our busy holiday season
- We'll start training in our home studio, then you'll help us move into our new warehouse in May, taking on more hours as our production is consolidated to one location.
- Our warehouse is in a professional building in Parkrose, off of Airport Way near 122nd. It's across from daycare, the Leatherman factory, and in the same building as a cafe. We will have at least one coffee maker on the premises (because that is important!).
What's the job?
- Making stencils via an exposure and washout method according to a generated purchase order
- Applying stencils to cups, masking them carefully and consistently
- Sandblasting cups in a cabinet, while wearing a respirator
- Washing stencils off in hot water
- Receiving stock using corresponding paperwork
- Bonus if you're comfortable using our online inventory management system, Stitch Labs
- Organizing stock in warehouse so that it's easy to find
- Picking warehouse stock using a picklist
- Packaging it in boxes or bubble wrap
- Gift wrapping
- Packing individual orders using packing slips
- Assembling shipping cartons, crumpling void fill, weighing boxes, applying shipping labels
If all this sounds awesome to you, send your resume or a list of job skills and why you'd be good for the position to Amanda at breadandbadger [at] gmail.com